The 12 Steps of Insanity
1. We admitted we were powerless over nothing- that we could manage our lives perfectly and those of anyone who would let us.
2. Came to believe that there was no power greater than us. We believed God didn’t take direction well and the rest of the world was insane.
3. Made a decision to have our loved ones turn their wills and their lives over to our care even though they could not understand us.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral and inventory of every one we knew.
5. Admitted to the world and to God the exact nature of everyone else’s wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to make others change, using our self will and directing God on how to help.
7. Demanded others and God to do our will, because we were always right.
8. Made a list of all persons who had harmed us and became a willing to go to any lengths to get even with them or at least turn to our addiction for comfort.
9. Got direct revenge on such people wherever possible except when to do so would cost us our lives or at the very least a jail sentence.
10. Continued to take inventory of others and when they were wrong promptly and repeatedly told them about it.
11. Sought through complaining, addictions and medication to improve our relations with others and God, asking only that they do things our way.
12. Having had a complete physical, emotional, and spiritual breakdown as a result of these 12 steps, we blamed it on others and God, trying to gain sympathy and pity in all our affairs.